Above the Fold
Browns River Middle School's 6th grade class
For the second year in a row, students at Browns River Middle School in Underhill took first place in Vermont Public Television’s Above the Fold journalism contest with an online newspaper they created for the contest.
The winning student newspaper, titled The Endurance News, was led by Browns River Middle School 5th/6th-grade language arts and science teacher Julie Parker. Her students -- Teddy Alexander, Zac Burns, Kyra Dissinger, Owen Downes, Caitlin Erb, Jehric Hackney, Connor Herridge, Sasha Kagle, Carson Jenks, Martin Kleiner, Zinmin Kouassi-Russell, Katelynne Leppert, Kate Likhite, Abby Lizotte, Olivia Meehan, Matt Rahaim, Madison Roberge, Audrey Rowe, McCayla Shand, Logan Stone and RJ Stratton -- wrote about school, local community, state and national stories.
- Browns River Middle School - 6th grade
- Main Sreet Middle School - 7th & 8th grade
- Soar Learning Center - 6th-8th grade
- South Royalton - 8th grade - Team 1
- South Royalton - 8th grade - Team 2
- South Royalton - 8th grade - Team 3
- South Royalton - 8th grade - Team 4
- Vergennes Unnion High School - 7th grade - Team 1
- Vergennes Unnion High School - 7th grade - Team 2
- Vergennes Unnion High School - 7th grade - Team 3
- Vergennes Unnion High School - 7th grade - Team 4
- Vergennes Unnion High School - 7th grade - Team 5
Vermont PBS educates, informs, entertains and inspires Vermonters to be lifelong learners and engaged in their community.
Watch our Vermont PBS Kids' 24/7 channel. Enjoy the benefits of joining our Kids' Club! Explore our many free videos, games, and resources for educators and parents!
We’ve wrapped up this year’s Teas, but join the club now to secure your seat for next year – and help choose our British comedy lineup!
Upcoming and featured!
People talk about Vermont PBS!
Vermontpbs.org proudly supported in part by...