Birding In Vermont - Champlain Valley
Converse Bay, Charlotte
- From Route 7 in Charlotte, drive west on F-5 for 2.7 miles to the Charlotte Ferry Landing.
- Turn left (southeast) onto Converse Bay Road and follow for 0.7 miles.
- Turn right onto Cedar Beach Road for 0.3 miles.
- Turn left into the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department boat launch on Converse Bay.
Fort Cassin / Mouth of Otter Creek, Ferrisburgh
- From Route 7 in the center of Ferrisburgh, drive west on Little Chicago Road for 0.9 miles.
- Turn right on Hawkins Road and continue for 5 miles, passing Hawkins Slang, South Slang and Kingsland Bay Park (also good places to bird).
- Turn right on Fort Cassin Road and continue 0.6 miles to a state parking lot on the right side of the road, with a boat launch into Otter Creek 0.1 miles ahead. (The causeway beyond leads to a private community. Please respect their privacy and don’t venture too far along it.)
Map courtesy David Hoag. Used by permission.
Vermont PBS educates, informs, entertains and inspires Vermonters to be lifelong learners and engaged in their community.
Vermont PBS Brings Ken Burns’ and Lynn Novick’s Epic Series The Vietnam War to Broadcast and to Communities throughout Vermont. Learn more and register for free screenings today!
Montréal's 375th celebration combines history, heritage, art, and culture for a year of events. We offer a taste of Montréal in our Montréal Minutes and MTL375 interviews and travels in the city.
Upcoming and featured!
People talk about Vermont PBS!
Vermontpbs.org proudly supported in part by...