Birding In Vermont - Champlain Valley
Converse Bay, Charlotte
- From Route 7 in Charlotte, drive west on F-5 for 2.7 miles to the Charlotte Ferry Landing.
- Turn left (southeast) onto Converse Bay Road and follow for 0.7 miles.
- Turn right onto Cedar Beach Road for 0.3 miles.
- Turn left into the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department boat launch on Converse Bay.
Fort Cassin / Mouth of Otter Creek, Ferrisburgh
- From Route 7 in the center of Ferrisburgh, drive west on Little Chicago Road for 0.9 miles.
- Turn right on Hawkins Road and continue for 5 miles, passing Hawkins Slang, South Slang and Kingsland Bay Park (also good places to bird).
- Turn right on Fort Cassin Road and continue 0.6 miles to a state parking lot on the right side of the road, with a boat launch into Otter Creek 0.1 miles ahead. (The causeway beyond leads to a private community. Please respect their privacy and don’t venture too far along it.)
Map courtesy David Hoag. Used by permission.
Vermont PBS educates, informs, entertains and inspires Vermonters to be lifelong learners and engaged in their community.
The Wish List is where we display things our station needs. If you enjoy tangible giving, you might consider funding an item – individually or with a group. Click for more info