Birding In Vermont - Champlain Valley
Converse Bay, Charlotte
- From Route 7 in Charlotte, drive west on F-5 for 2.7 miles to the Charlotte Ferry Landing.
- Turn left (southeast) onto Converse Bay Road and follow for 0.7 miles.
- Turn right onto Cedar Beach Road for 0.3 miles.
- Turn left into the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department boat launch on Converse Bay.
Fort Cassin / Mouth of Otter Creek, Ferrisburgh
- From Route 7 in the center of Ferrisburgh, drive west on Little Chicago Road for 0.9 miles.
- Turn right on Hawkins Road and continue for 5 miles, passing Hawkins Slang, South Slang and Kingsland Bay Park (also good places to bird).
- Turn right on Fort Cassin Road and continue 0.6 miles to a state parking lot on the right side of the road, with a boat launch into Otter Creek 0.1 miles ahead. (The causeway beyond leads to a private community. Please respect their privacy and don’t venture too far along it.)
Map courtesy David Hoag. Used by permission.
Vermont PBS educates, informs, entertains and inspires Vermonters to be lifelong learners and engaged in their community.
Watch our Vermont PBS Kids' 24/7 channel. Enjoy the benefits of joining our Kids' Club! Explore our many free videos, games, and resources for educators and parents!
Join our Britcom Club today to support great British programming – and get your invite to this year’s Britcom Teas. Act soon!
Join us for a free screeing of this inspirational story of a young man who was unable to speak as a child until he discovered a unique way to communicate via classic Disney animated films.
Do you love to tell stories? If you’re in Kindergarten through 5th grade, you can write and illustrate a story for Vermont PBS.
Upcoming and featured!
People talk about Vermont PBS!
Vermontpbs.org proudly supported in part by...