Below are the nominations for the top stories of 2013 as reported on Vermont This Week. Please rank JUST YOUR TOP 10 in importance from highest (#1) through lowest (#10). The deadline is 12/18/2013. Thanks.
- Current date: Tue, 01/17/2017 - 8:42am
- Opening date: Thu, 12/12/2013 - 12:39pm
- Closing date: Wed, 12/18/2013 - 9:39pm
- Entergy decides to close Vermont Yankee (353 points)
- Health Exchange suffers rocky start (337 points)
- Air Force selects Burlington for F-35 fighter (306 points)
- Vermont debates and enacts 'End of Life' law (277 points)
- State decriminalizes marijuana possession (194 points)
- Governor gets tangled up in real estate deal with neighbor (174 points)
- IBM lays off close to 400 (168 points)
- Proposed gas pipeline extension sees heated debate (162 points)
- Migrant worker driver cards approved (132 points)
- State breaks ground on psychiatric hospital (126 points)
- FEMA settles Irene claim, Waterbury rebuilds (115 points)
- State orders Moretown landfill to close (97 points)
- Walmart finally opens in St. Albans (87 points)
- Lawmakers raise gas tax, hold the line elsewhere (84 points)
- Canadians propose $1.3 billion transmission line through Vermont (84 points)
- Gun control debate snuffed out (73 points)
- Wind moratorium push leads to study (49 points)
- Homecare workers can unionize (48 points)
- Bolton backcountry preserved (29 points)
- Geoffrey Crawford named new Supreme Court justice (21 points)
- Pope elevates Bishop Matano (16 points)
- Bernie for president? (14 points)
- Steven Cray elected Adjutant General of Vermont National Guard (14 points)
Vermont PBS educates, informs, entertains and inspires Vermonters to be lifelong learners and engaged in their community.
Watch our Vermont PBS Kids' 24/7 channel. Enjoy the benefits of joining our Kids' Club! Explore our many free videos, games, and resources for educators and parents!
Do you love to tell stories? If you’re in Kindergarten through 5th grade, you can write and illustrate a story for Vermont PBS.
Calling all filmmakers ages 10-30 who live or go to school in Vermont! Win cash prizes and share your work on Vermont PBS and at film festivals statewide in the 2017 Freedom & Unity TV Vermont Youth Film Contest. Visit freedomandunitytv.org for details. Deadline is March 26, 2017.
Upcoming and featured!
People talk about Vermont PBS!
Vermontpbs.org proudly supported in part by...