Outdoor JournalEpisode Guide »
White River Snorkeling | Lake Sturgeon | Haystack MountainHang Gliding | Trout in the Classroom | Waterbury ReservoirDeer Herd Management 2015Deer Hearing - 2015Fly Fishing | Autumn Paddling | Bike Trek | Owl BandingSteelhead Fishing | Bristol Pond | Turkey Hunting | SurfingBass Fishing | Autumn Horseback | Mount HorridVT Fish, Deep-woods Trail, Camping at Burton IslandBristol iNaturalist | Kayak Fishing | White River Raftinggot your deer yet? An Outdoor Journal SpecialDeer Herd Management: An Outdoor Journal SpecialIce Fishing, Shooting Ranges, Bob Klein, Bald Eagle SurveyDog Sledding / Timber Rattlers / Wenlock WMAScuba Diving, Panning For Gold, Rock River WMA, GillnettingHudson River Stripers, Doe Camp, Podunk WMA, Goose Round-UpKent Pond Bass, Bat Research, Vermont SkydivingRestoring The Battenkill, High School TaxidermyWildlife Habitat Incentives, Deer ManagementFrostbite Derby, Electrofishing; Middlesex WMACrappie, Victory Basin WMA, Brilyea DamSpring Mushrooms, Brook Trout, Peregrine FalconsYouth Deer Hunting, Atherton Meadows WMA, Ice Climbing
Resources and Links
Spring Fly Fish for PikeYouth Turkey HuntCP Smith Small FrysWild Edibles
- Colleen Jones, 802-375-6441
- Merck Forest & Farmland Center
Colleen Jones' Dandelion Linguini (Crock-Pot Recipe)
2 lbs dandelion greens
1/2 lb wild leeks/ramps
1/4 lb prosciutto ham sliced thin then diced
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 - 1/2 lb feta cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon dried hot peppers (optional)
Outdoor Journal Episode Guide
- Set crockpot to high and put in chicken broth.
- Heat olive oil/butter/hot pepper in frying pan.
- Add wild leeks and cook for 2 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add dandelions and cook until wilted -- about 5 minutes.
- Add dandelions and ham to crock-pot and leave on high for 2 hours.
- After two hours turn crock-pot to low.
- Cook linguini according to directions on package.
- Add feta cheese to the pot in chunks and ladle over linguini.
Ideas for new segments?
Check out the Outdoor Journal page for segments, resources, and more episodes!
Videos about Wildlife Management Areas
Outdoor Journal is supported in part by
CommentsShare your thoughts, questions, and comments on "Outdoor Journal" here.
Our weekly email newsletter highlighting upcoming shows and important station news. Sign up today!
Upcoming and featured!
People talk about Vermont PBS!