Social Media Internship
Vermont Public Television's Communications Team is seeking a Social Media intern to assist with our social media marketing. You will gain on-the-job experience in how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing and community engagement efforts. The job requires 7-10 hours weekly. Work location is flexible; however, intern must spend minimum 5 hours in the office on a weekly basis. This internship is an unpaid position with potential for hire.
We are looking for an intern who is organized, detail-oriented and interested in gaining experience in communications and public relations. Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as a team are vital.
Interns will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Creating new profiles and pages
- Using social media for event promotion
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding and capturing new social constituencies
- Writing, posting and replying to blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our brand
- Generating analytics reports for the team
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Creativity, with an eye for design
- Knowledge of digital media software ie. Photoshop, Illustrator, Basic Video Editing
- Knowledge and understanding of social media as a tool for marketing and engagement
- Energetic, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow or enhance our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and speak to that constituency through social media
- Interest/experience creating digital stories – via video a plus!
- Fluency with social media portals: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Experience with metrics tracking via google analytics
- Familiarity with the PBS brand
Please send your resume and cover letter and any relevant work samples to Hilary Hess email@example.com.